PARALEGAL – Professional Negligence Team
Our locally established and growing defense law firm has an immediate opening for a paralegal on our professional negligence team. The professional negligence team handles legal malpractice and accounting malpractice cases, as well as administrative proceedings, including Florida Bar grievances and Department of Business and Professional Regulation matters.
This role will support a senior partner and two junior partners on our professional negligence team, which also has two associate, two paralegal and two legal assistant roles. This paralegal role will be in addition to an existing paralegal role for a combined total of two for the professional negligence team to facilitate team-wide consistency and collaborate with other members of the team to ensure all attorneys are supported.
Experience requested as follows:
- 3-5 years prior experience working as a paralegal supporting a busy attorney with large case load preferred, paralegal studies degree may substitute
- Expert clerical & technical skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and communication skills while juggling multiple cases in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with ECF Filing system in Florida courts as well as the CM/ECF Filing system in federal court (familiarity with federal and state appellate filing systems a plus)
- Familiarity with local rules and judicial preferences in state and federal court
- Ability, experience and organizational skills necessary to balance multiple complex cases in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of legal terminology, litigation process, pre-trial compliance and court proceedings.
- Knowledge of discovery process (preparing requests, responses; review and organize discovery materials; HIPAA compliance, prepare witness materials and privilege logs)
- Preparation of case law, hearing, trial and witness binders
- Familiarity with the laws of the State of Florida, Rules of Civil Procedure, Judicial Administration, discovery, rules of evidence, compliance with judicial orders, local rules and commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint (knowledge of formatting for appellate briefs a plus)
- Aderant Total Office (ATO) case management software is strongly desired
- Must be able to perform work with minimal direction and exercise good judgment in determining objectives and approaches to assigned tasks
- Preparation of form pleadings and letters
- Working knowledge of ABA Billing Litigation Coding (preferred but not required)
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to function within a team; and a flexible approach toward achieving common goals is a huge plus
A qualified candidate must be able to work 8:30am – 5:00pm and (upon rare occasions) additional hours as needed. Personal skills necessary: 1) be a highly organized and detail oriented multi-tasker; 2) team player mentality; 3) work well with deadlines and modifications thereto; 4) possess the ability to work with all levels of staff, management, opposing counsel and expert witnesses 5) possess an excellent work ethic and be dependable.
Must possess a professional appearance and demeanor.
We offer a competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a really decent group of people to work with.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or via Fax 407-425-7104.